Nootropics are amazing medications that help to improve your cognitive ability while also keeping you alert and wide awake. A common example of this class of drugs is caffeine which is probably the reason why most of us can’t go without our morning cup of coffee.
But sometimes you just need something a bit more powerful than coffee which is where nootropic substances like Modafinil (also known as Provigil) come in.
However one of the supplements that has become quite popular in recent years is Mind Lab Pro. This supplement claims to be the first ‘Universal Nootropic’ with 11 ingredients that boost cognitive ability and improves attention span and mental focus.
So does this product live up to the hype or is it just another one of the many nootropic scams on the market?
From our research into the benefits of this product, we can definitely say that it is currently one of the best nootropic drugs on the market. The results were as good as some of the top-selling nootropic over-the-counter drugs like Modafinil.
Now that’s all well and good but in order to figure out how this product works and whether it will fit your lifestyle, we need to go a bit deeper. In this article, we’re going to pick apart every aspect of the product to give you an overview of why it is so effective.
- Mind Lab Pro Introduction – Wake up your Brain for Success
- What is Mind Lab Pro?
- Mind Lab Pro Natural Ingredients
- How does Mind Lab Pro Work?
- Mind Lab Pro Benefits
- Any Downsides to Mind Lab Pro?
- Mind Lab Pro Side Effects | What You MUST Know
- Who Should Use Mind Lab Pro?
- Who This is NOT for
- How to Use Mind Lab Pro – its intended uses and dosages?
- Mind Lab Pro vs. Modafinil
- BEST Mind Lab Pro Discount Code
- Can You Buy Mind Lab Pro on Amazon?
- Mind Lab Pro Review | The Verdict
Mind Lab Pro Introduction – Wake up your Brain for Success
When Opti-Nutra, the company behind Mind Lab Pro, set out to find the perfect nootropic they had one goal in mind, to create a universal nootropic. They wanted a natural supplement that would give their customers a nootropic that works for everyone and allows people to adapt to any situation that comes in their way.
And that’s when they came up with Mind Lab Pro, a natural nootropic that boosts cognitive function, increases focus, helps creativity and gives you a heightened span of attention.
The universal nature of this nootropic means that it contains ingredients that target multiple different biological pathways in the brain.
This essentially makes this nootropic a ‘whole brain optimizer’ so that you can work faster and more importantly better.
What is Mind Lab Pro?
You’ve probably heard the word ‘nootropic’ many different times but what exactly does it mean?
The term nootropic comes from the greek words nóos which means ‘mind’ and tropḗ that translated to ‘a turning’. This substance got this name because of their ability to change the chemistry of your brain.
Nootropics, also known as smart drugs, are known for improving creativity, focus, memory retention and enhance the overall cognitive performance of a person’s brain.
But that’s not all, nootropics also help to protect the brain and keep it secure from toxins and other effects of aging. Because of this, these supplements have also been known to help improve long-term cognitive abilities over time.
Unlike many other nootropics on the market, Mind Lab Pro is a natural supplement and a universal nootropic. This supplement is certified as drug-free and is composed of natural ingredients that mimic the ones found in our bodies.
Many over-the-counter drugs tend to give a short burst of great productivity which dips over time. This is not very practical as no one wants to take a handful of pills just to get through a single workday.
On the other hand, Mind Lab Pro is comprised of natural ingredients that are easier for the body to process and show no side effects when used correctly. You’ll only need two pills and you’ll be set for around 4 to 5 hours.
Natural nootropics have also found to assist in mitigating the harmful cognitive effects that aging has, although further research needs to be done in this field.
Now that we’ve clarified what Mind Lab Pro is, let’s take a look at the heart of this supplement which is the ingredients.
Mind Lab Pro Natural Ingredients
The formula of this supplement is derived from materials that have been proven to be extremely effective nootropics.
The reason why Mind Lab Pro is known as a ‘universal nootropic’ is because of the fact that all of these multitasking ingredients work seamlessly together to help achieve peak performance.
Each and every ingredient on this list was chosen specifically because of its ability to optimize as many pathways and functions as possible. Now without further ado, let’s get into the science behind the ingredients:
Bacopa Monnieri is a perennial herb that has been used in ayurvedic medicine for decades. They contain a particular group of chemical compounds known as bacosides which has various neuroprotective functions. Bacosides are antioxidants that boost the working of certain essential brain chemicals like GABA, serotonin and acetylcholine.
These bacosides allow Bacopa to reduce anxiety and enhance the cognitive functioning of the brain. The herb has also been shown to decrease inflammation in the brain. The extensive nootropic benefits of this herb help it to serve as the perfect addition to this supplement.
Citicoline / Cognizin®
Citicoline is a molecule that is found in our cells that help in the formation of phosphatidylcholine which is a phospholipid. Phospholipids are a crucial part of the cell membranes in our body. This means that citicoline boosts brain repair and assists in neuroprotection. It plays a role in enhancing the working of various neurotransmitters in our body which boosts the cognitive ability of the brain.
The citicoline that is present in Mind Lab Pro is a patented molecule known as Cognizin that was specifically designed for this supplement. Cognizin has been shown to improve attention and focus. Cognizin is a wonderful nootropic molecule that is versatile and efficient to use.
Lion’s Mane Mushroom
The Lions Mane Mushroom is a fungus that got its name from the thick ‘hair’ that it has. Its also known by the name Monkeys head, satyrs beard and pom pom mushroom. This mushroom is popular in gourmet dishes all over the world. However, its true benefits are as a nootropic substance.
Don’t be fooled by the fun appearance of this mushroom. Lion’s Mane Mushroom has been shown to have certain neuroregenetrative abilities and it also supports overall brain health. In a double-blind trial the mushroom improved the overall cognitive ability of the individuals in the trial. There is also research that suggests that this mushroom helps with mood regulation.
L-Theanine is an amino acid which is commonly found in green and black tea. This compound is known for its soothing effects and its ability to reduce anxiety and stress. It also has plenty of therapeutic effects on the brain and also improves the overall cognitive functioning of the brain.
Tea is a beverage that most people love and this is one of the reasons why. The L-Theanine in tea helps to lessen stress and relaxes the mind. These properties are highly vital in a nootropic substance as it allows the person to focus and remain calm.
Maritime Pine Bark
The Maritime pine or the cluster pine is a species of pine that is known for the compounds located in its bark. The extract from the bark of this tree has been shown to improve blood flow to the brain. It also helps to get rid of toxic free radicals which would be harmful to the brain.
The bark also has a number of neuroprotective effects and is able to help in memory retention. It improves the overall health of the brain while also increasing focus. This allows you to remain calm and work well in any situation.
Tyrosine is an amino acid supplement that is commonly used to improve attention and increase focus. Mind Lab Pro uses a form of tyrosine known as N-acetyl L-tyrosine that helps to boost the alertness of a person. Tyrosine helps in the synthesis of certain catecholamine neurotransmitters that help the body respond to stress and heighten the focus of the mind.
This substance helps the mind to focus and pay attention in stressful situations or simply when you need a bit of extra motivation. It is an excellent addition to this natural nootropic.
Phosphatidylserine is a phospholipid compound that plays a role in the formation of the cell membranes in the brain. It improves cognitive ability and has strong neuroprotective functions. The compound helps to strengthen the membranes of the neurons in the brain thus this decrease degeneration of cells.
Rhodiola Rosea is a flowering plant that is also known by the name Kings Root. This plant is well known for its medicinal properties. The plant boosts mental performance and cognitive functionng. It is able to reduce stress and increase the overall focus of the brain.
If you need to be at peak performance then this is the plant you want.
Its common knowledge that vitamins are crucial for our body to function properly. However, this particular family of vitamins is particularly important to the health of the brain. The entire family of vitamin B has been linked to improved cognitive functioning and increase in brain health. This helps to improve the way that your mind functions.
How does Mind Lab Pro Work?
So you know that the formula of this nootropic is made up of some quality ingredients but does this combination actually work? From what we’ve experienced after a few months of using this supplement we can say definitively that yes, it does its job well.
Mind Lab Pro is currently one of the most effective over-the-counter nootropics on the market. It is ideal for anyone looking for a quick nootropic supplement to help them boost their productivity in the workplace.
Our team tested this product multiple times over the course of a few months. Each time we took the recommended dose of two pills and then continued with our regular day-to-day activities. We did this multiple times so we could be sure that the results weren’t just some fluke occurrence and that the drug worked efficiently 100% of the time, like the company stated.
And the results were beyond our expectations.
After nearly an hour of consuming the pills, the dull thrum of the nootropic began to set in. We found ourselves able to concentrate on our tasks much better. Our minds were filled with a sense of positivity and excitement which made otherwise mundane tasks a breeze to complete.
Because of this, the overall productivity of our team was immensely boosted and we were able to complete double the workload. The nootropic gave us the ability to focus on difficult tasks and solve them in a meticulous manner.
We were so impressed that we decided to do another round of trials, just to see if the marvelous effects could be replicated and sure enough, the results were the same.
Although many nootropics will give you similar results the true plus point of Mind Lab Pro is that the effects of the product last for over 6 hours! The only other over-the-counter nootropic that can last that long is Modafinil or Armodafinil.
At around 7 to 8 hours later the effects of the nootropic began to die down and eventually the buzz faded away.
Mind Lab Pro Benefits
All nootropic supplements on the market will have their own special blend of ingredients. Depending on what these ingredients are the effects of the nootropic are going to differ.
Because of the formula of Mind Lab Pro, it is able to perform extremely well as an all-round nootropic and has a wide variety of benefits.
Ideal For Creativity
If you’re in need of a boost of creativity then this nootropic is for you. Other nootropics like Monadafil are primarily meant to help the user work long hours without feeling tired. However, because of the unique blend of ingredients in Mind Lab Pro it can cause relaxation and reduce stress. This helps to bring out your creativity and allows you to work with an open mind. You’ll find yourself coming up with new ideas and eager to work on otherwise mundane tasks.
Heightened Attention Span and Focus
One of the main issues that most people have is that they aren’t able to concentrate and focus on a particular task for long periods of time. Mind Lab Pro allows you to break down even the most meticulous tasks into easy chunks that you can work on. It increases your focus and will boost your productivity in the workplace.
Increased Energy Levels
Although this supplement might not turn you into a machine that is able to work for hours on end, it will give you a wonderful boost of energy. The effects of this nootropic supplement last for around 5 to 6 hours which will give you plenty of time to do everything you need. It will allow you to work continuously without feeling exhausted. Mind Lab Pro is primarily meant to work as a universal nootropic that can be used daily. Therefore it might not give you the same energy levels as a nootropic like Modafinil.
Improved Memory Retention
Many of the ingredients included in Mind Lab Pro are known for their memory retention properties. The nootropic compounds in the supplement are able to boost concentration and increase focus which in turn, helps memory retention. This is ideal for increasing productivity.
Because of the fact that Mind Lab Pro has many ingredients that reduce stress and relax the mind, it creates a positive mood. This helps you to work longer and will also improve your creativity.
Our mental health can have a huge impact on how we are able to work. Being in a positive mood can help you work faster and longer.
Mind Lab Pro is a nootropic that works best for people who are looking to be creative and motivated. Certain substances in this product regulate dopamine production which plays a role in improving mental drive.
It will allow you to stay focused on your task and make it much easier for you to pay attention to some of the finer details.
By relaxing your mind and improving your focus this supplement is able to boost your motivation. If you’re looking for an extra boost to go along with your coffee then this is the product for you.
Brain Regeneration and Neuroprotection
Lastly, we come to the brain health benefits of the product. Several of the ingredients included in Mind Lab Pro have been shown to improve cognitive functions and aid in certain aspects of neuroprotection. There are also compounds in this supplement that increase the blood flow to the brain and decrease inflammation. All of these various parts go a long way to keeping your brain in the best shape possible.
Any Downsides to Mind Lab Pro?
Even though this product has a ton of plus points there are a few downsides to it. No product is perfect so it’s always a good idea to look at the cons of a product before deciding to buy it. Let’s look at what Mind Lab Pro fails to do:
If you’ve gone onto the webpage for this product then you’ve probably already noticed one clear downside, this supplement is expensive. The cost of this product is around 70 dollars for a bottle. If you consider the fact that each bottle lasts for around a month then this can be a bit pricy in the long run.
However, you might want to keep in mind that you can buy these products in larger batches to reduce the price. This might make it better for you in the long run.
It’s Not Modafinil
Modafinil is a drug that is meant for people that are looking to pull 12+ hour work sessions. It gives you the ability to work continuously for a long period of time which is something that Mind Lab Pro cannot provide.
If you’re expecting to use this supplement as a replacement for Modafinil then you will be disappointed. Instead, both of these nootropics provide different benefits.
We use both because the effects that they have are quite varied. When we’re looking to be creative and work faster we choose Mind Lab Pro while Modafinil is reserved for those days when we need to pull an all-nighter.
Mind Lab Pro Side Effects | What You MUST Know
After testing this supplement over a long period of time none of our team members faced any side effects. This is likely because of the fact that only natural ingredients are included in this supplement. The formula of this supplement was carefully crafted to work for everyone without any harmful side effects.
Thus as long as your sticking to the recommended amount then you’re probably not going to face any side effects.
However, there are a few rare side effects that you must take before buying this supplement.
- Insomnia: Many of the ingredients in this product help to increase energy levels and boost motivation. Therefore if you take this supplement in the evening or before going to bed then you’re likely not going to be able to sleep for some time. To reduce the chances of this happening try to plan exactly when you’re going to take the supplement so it doesn’t clash with your sleeping time. We recommend taking one dose in the morning along with your cup of coffee before you start work.
- Headaches: Some individuals that are prone to getting headaches might face this side effect with a few nootropics. To figure out if you’re one of those people, try taking a single pill instead of the recommended dosage of two and check how you feel after a couple of hours.
- Stomach Ache: There have been a few reports of stomach upsets after using nootropics like Mind Lab Pro. Although this is quite rare, you might want to keep this side effect in mind before purchasing the product.
Who Should Use Mind Lab Pro?
We’ve already talked about how this supplement is a universal nootropic. Unlike other nootropics which are only useful in a handful of situations, Mind Lab Pro has something to offer for everyone who’s looking for a boost of motivation, creativity, and relaxation.
- Students looking for a boost: Do keep in mind that this product is not recommended for children. However, adults that are looking to complete a last-minute project will love this supplement.
- Professionals that need a bit of motivation: If you need to figure out a few issues or work out the details of an important project then this supplement can be very helpful.
- And anyone else who wants to complete 5 to 6 hours of productive work.
Who This is NOT for
Most people are going to be able to use this product without facing any issues but there are a few people that should definitely stay away. This is due to the fact that all nootropics need to be taken after careful consideration. Certain individuals should not be able to use the supplement due to its nature.
- Children: This product must be kept out of the hands of children and is only meant for adult use.
- Pregnant women: If you happen to be pregnant then you’ll want to stay away from this product for the time being.
- People undergoing medication: If you are taking other medication then get in touch with your doctor to figure out whether or not this product is for you.
How to Use Mind Lab Pro – its intended uses and dosages?
This nootropic supplement is meant to work as a universal nootropic. This means that it works well for any person that wants to increase their overall productivity.
Additionally, Mind Lab Pro is a natural supplement which is not a stimulant. If you’ve had issues with other nootropics in the past then you might want to give this a go to see if it works better for you.
The recommended dosage is around two pills and each bottle contains 60 pills.
Mind Lab Pro vs. Modafinil
One of the other major nootropics currently on the market is Modafinil. We have used this product previously and can tell you that it is highly effective. So the question is, which one of these nootropics is right for you?
Here’s when we decide to take Mind Lab Pro:
- If you need a product that helps you be more creative.
- In case you need a nootropic that you can use on a regular basis.
- If you need 5 to 6 hours of productivity.
- This is a product that relaxes your mind and keeps you positive.
Here’s when we decide to take Modafinil:
- If you want a product that gives you 12+ hours of work.
- If you want to pull an all-nighter.
- In case you’re working on a tight deadline and need to work continuously.
- Modafinil is a nootropic that cannot be used very regularly.
In other words, Mind Lab Pro is great for creativity and it also reduces stress. It can also be used on a daily basis and is a great nootropic for beginners who are looking to find a good nootropic.
On the other hand, Modafinil is able to give you around 12+ hours of high-energy work. This is ideal for pulling all-nighters or finishing last-minute projects. However, Modafinil cannot be used regularly and it can cause insomnia as the effects last for quite a while.
BEST Mind Lab Pro Discount Code
And the best Mind Lab Pro discount code that you can use……..does not exist. In fact, there are no discount codes for this product.
Opti-Nutra does not use any promo codes to promote their product and there’s one simple reason why, because they don’t need to. Their nootropic supplement speaks for itself. Many people out there have the same view as we do about this supplement.
Mind Lab Pro actually works and does its job well.
This is why although there are no discounts offered for this product it’s still one of the most popular over-the-counter nootropics on the market.
Mind Lab Pro: Pricing and Where to Buy
The high price point of this product might seem quite intimidating at first which is understandable. However, the recommended dosage of this product, which is two pills, gives you around 5 to 6 hours of work which is extremely good. If you’re the type of person that uses this kind of supplement regularly then give Mind Lab Pro a try to see if it works for you.
You can go to the official Mind Lab Pro website to buy the product. Their website also has a ton of details about the inner workings of the product so you can also check that out.
Can You Buy Mind Lab Pro on Amazon?
The product is available on Amazon however the stocks are quite limited. You’ll need to pay attention to whether or not the supplier has enough product available and purchase it accordingly. Alternatively, you could simply buy the product from the main webpage to avoid this issue.
Is Mind Lab Pro legit?
From our experience, we can say that yes, this product works exactly how it’s supposed to.
Is Mind Lab Pro the best?
Everyone has their own preference so you’ll need to figure out for yourself if this is the right product for you.
However, Mind Lab Pro is a great nootropic that is very efficient. The effects of this supplement last around 5 to 6 hours which is great for anyone looking to get a few good hours of work done.
We recommend that you try this product out to see whether or not you like the results.
How long does it take for Mind Lab Pro to work?
It typically took around 45 minutes to an hour for the effects of the supplement to begin.
Is Mind Lab Pro a stimulant?
Some nootropics, like for example coffee, are stimulants which can be quite frustrating as it tends to cause a ‘crash’ after the effects wear off.
However, this supplement is not a stimulant and therefore doesn’t face this issue.
Mind Lab Pro Review | The Verdict
To sum it all up, Mind Lab Pro is an excellent nootropic supplement that serves as a great replacement for Monadafil. Although it might not last as long as Monadafil, this nootropic is primarily meant to serve as an all-around nootropic that increases creativity, focus and boosts the overall health of your brain.
The main plus point of Mind Lab Pro is that it is a true universal nootropic that works well in most situations where you would want to use a supplement like this. The effects of this nootropic make it perfect for a long workday when you need to be focused.
Bottom line is, if you want an over-the-counter high quality nootropic that gives you around 5 hours of productivity, then this is the one for you.
- Onaolapo, A. Y., Obelawo, A. Y., & Onaolapo, O. J. (2019). Brain Ageing, Cognition and Diet: A Review of the Emerging Roles of Food-Based Nootropics in Mitigating Age-related Memory Decline. Current aging science, 12(1), 2–14. https://doi.org/10.2174/1874609812666190311160754
- Suliman, N. A., Mat Taib, C. N., Mohd Moklas, M. A., Adenan, M. I., Hidayat Baharuldin, M. T., & Basir, R. (2016). Establishing Natural Nootropics: Recent Molecular Enhancement Influenced by Natural Nootropic. Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine : eCAM, 2016, 4391375. https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/4391375
- Shinomol, G. K., Muralidhara, & Bharath, M. M. (2011). Exploring the Role of “Brahmi” (Bacopa monnieri and Centella asiatica) in Brain Function and Therapy. Recent patents on endocrine, metabolic & immune drug discovery, 5(1), 33–49. https://doi.org/10.2174/187221411794351833
- Nemetchek, M. D., Stierle, A. A., Stierle, D. B., & Lurie, D. I. (2017). The Ayurvedic plant Bacopa monnieri inhibits inflammatory pathways in the brain. Journal of ethnopharmacology, 197, 92–100. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2016.07.073
- Secades J. J. (2016). Citicoline: pharmacological and clinical review, 2016 update. Citicolina: revision farmacologica y clinica, actualizacion 2016. Revista de neurologia, 63(S03), S1–S73.
- E. McGlade, A. Locatelli, J. Hardy, T. Kamiya, M. Morita, K. Morishita, Y. Sugimura and D. Yurgelun-Todd, “Improved Attentional Performance Following Citicoline Administration in Healthy Adult Women,” Food and Nutrition Sciences, Vol. 3 No. 6, 2012, pp. 769-773. doi: 10.4236/fns.2012.36103.
- Wong, K. H., Naidu, M., David, R. P., Bakar, R., & Sabaratnam, V. (2012). Neuroregenerative potential of lion’s mane mushroom, Hericium erinaceus (Bull.: Fr.) Pers. (higher Basidiomycetes), in the treatment of peripheral nerve injury (review). International journal of medicinal mushrooms, 14(5), 427–446. https://doi.org/10.1615/intjmedmushr.v14.i5.10
- Mori, K., Inatomi, S., Ouchi, K., Azumi, Y., & Tuchida, T. (2009). Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytotherapy research : PTR, 23(3), 367–372. https://doi.org/10.1002/ptr.2634
- Hidese, S., Ogawa, S., Ota, M., Ishida, I., Yasukawa, Z., Ozeki, M., & Kunugi, H. (2019). Effects of L-Theanine Administration on Stress-Related Symptoms and Cognitive Functions in Healthy Adults: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Nutrients, 11(10), 2362. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu11102362
- Paarmann, K., Prakash, S. R., Krohn, M., Möhle, L., Brackhan, M., Brüning, T., Eiriz, I., & Pahnke, J. (2019). French maritime pine bark treatment decelerates plaque development and improves spatial memory in Alzheimer’s disease mice. Phytomedicine : international journal of phytotherapy and phytopharmacology, 57, 39–48. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phymed.2018.11.033
- Thomas, J. R., Lockwood, P. A., Singh, A., & Deuster, P. A. (1999). Tyrosine improves working memory in a multitasking environment. Pharmacology, biochemistry, and behavior, 64(3), 495–500. https://doi.org/10.1016/s0091-3057(99)00094-5
- Glade, M. J., & Smith, K. (2015). Phosphatidylserine and the human brain. Nutrition (Burbank, Los Angeles County, Calif.), 31(6), 781–786. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nut.2014.10.014
- Olsson, E. M., von Schéele, B., & Panossian, A. G. (2009). A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study of the standardised extract shr-5 of the roots of Rhodiola rosea in the treatment of subjects with stress-related fatigue. Planta medica, 75(2), 105–112. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0028-1088346
- Kennedy D. O. (2016). B Vitamins and the Brain: Mechanisms, Dose and Efficacy–A Review. Nutrients, 8(2), 68. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu8020068